13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don't Do (Q16)
Women around the globe, it's time to finally speak up, speak out, be heard, and become stronger than ever. While many people focus on what women should do to live their best lives, only one author will tell women in no uncertain terms the thirteen habits and mind-sets to avoid in order to become mentally strong.
Drawing on scientific evidence, case studies from her own patients, and even celebrity stories, psychotherapist Amy Morin shows how mental strength can come from anywhere, regardless of career, marriage, or family life. By integrating easy-to-follow exercises and practical tips into daily life, Morin shows that mental strength is achievable - and necessary-to become a strong woman.
Featuring stories and experiences from dozens of woman and offering a timely approach to the hard-hitting difficulties women are facing- including calling out sexism, fighting harrasment, and finding confidence - Morin confronts the status quo by giving women the time, space and energy to prioritize themselves. The end result free you from the obstacles that woman face every day, and inspires you to achieve the mental strength you need to create a life of authentic meaning and joy.
THE 13 THINGS MENTALLY STRONG WOMEN DON'T DO:
1. THEY DON'T COMPARE THEMSELVES TO OTHER PEOPLE
2. THEY DON'T INSIST ON PERFECTION
3. THEY DON'T SEE VULNERABILITY AS A WEAKNESS
4. THEY DON'T LET SELF DOUBT STOP THEM FROM REACHING THEIR GOALS
5. THEY DON'T OVERTHINK EVERYTHING
6. THEY DON'T AVOID TOUGH CHALLENGES
7. THEY DON'T FEAR BREAKING THE RULE
8. THEY DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN TO LIFT THEMSELVES UP
9. THEY DON'T LET OTHERS LIMIT THEIR POTENTIAL
10. THEY DON'T BLAME THEMSELVES WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG
11. THEY DON'T STAY SILENT
12. THEY DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT REINVENTING THEMSELVES
13. THEY DON'T DOWNPLAY THEIR SUCCESS
AMY MORIN is a licensed clinical social worker, instructor at Northeastern University, and psychotherapist. She is the author of the international bestseller 13 Things Mentally Strong People Dont' Do, as well as 13 Things Mentally Strong Parents Don't Do. A regular contributor to Forbes, Inc., and Psychology Today, she gave one of the most viewed TEDx talks of all time and was named the "self-help guru of the moment" by The Guardian. She lives in Marathon, Florida. 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don't Do is her third book.