What You Should And Shouldn't Tell Your Kid (L94)
How To Manage Kids With Simple Rules
1. Setting Priorities - Priorities homework before indulging in TV, video games, ipads, iphone and other electronics.
2. Be strict about the importance of sleep.
3. Teach your child how to self-regulate with respect to wake-up and bedtime from the age of 10 or so.
4. Expect self management and good time management. Don't get into the nasty habit of watching the homework clock for your child.
5. Ensuring Good Behavior - Prevent back talk. If your kids gets big-mouthed with you, your spouse, etc. and/or continue to do so, then assign extra chores and/or take away privilages.